A Journey Back in Time
The Manitoba Agricultural Museum offers a fun and nostalgic slice of life from the early 1900s. The Homesteaders’ Village is a key highlight of the Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion & Stampede, enjoyed by people of all ages – especially first-time festival goers.
The village includes:
- an 1890s schoolhouse where you can try out writing with fountain pens and slate boards;
- a blacksmith’s shop where you can watch an expert craftsman at work;
- handicraft demonstrations;
- an old-fashioned grist mill (and you can take home a bag of flour);
- a general store where you can purchase candy and ice cream;
- and much more!